FROM 05/19/2016 TO 05/06/2016.
The Mediterranean Fair is one of the main Italian and Mediterranean exhibitions based in Palermo. The fair was born in Palermo in 1946, it creates a private area of about 14 hectares of triangular shape away from the city center, at the slopes of Monte Pellegrino, at one of the outputs of the Parco della Favorita, reaching in time the area of 86 thousand sq.m. . From the beginning is the most important exhibition center in Sicily both in size and importance. It was run by the Ente Autonomo Fiera del Mediterraneo, Public Institution of the Sicilian Region.
The last president of the Fair, before its receivership and its decline, it was Dr. Giambattista Torregrossa, appointed in 1980 .
In the 2000s mismanagement of the Fair has led to a financial crisis that has put an end to the activities Ente Fiera. In 2015, after seven years of inactivity will be organized a new trade fair from May 23 to June 7. Since May 1, 2016 is used by the Church Christian Words Of Grace Palermo for their cults also live on Youtube. The Fair has grown over the years in a very articulated; within the (originally subject to civic use, and adjacent to the Natural Reserve of Monte Pellegrino) as well as large and roomy halls, there are (in the north, the oldest), some smaller buildings dating back to the first years of life entity, of particular historical interest. The entire exhibition center is spread over 83,000 m². Currently the most important pavilion is the number 20, both in size and position. It was recently renovated pavilion 5a, which is also used as a meeting room, along with Hall 4. A unique feature of the Palermo Fair is the presence of large old trees, and the original location at the foot of Monte Pellegrino, which is its dramatic backdrop. Are being launched (May 2008) the redevelopment works of Hall 16, which will be transformed into a conference room modular 1500 places.